Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Being Crafty: Sharpie Mugs Part 2 of 2

I completed the Sharpie mugs for a second time using a completely different process.

To read about my first time I created Sharpie mugs you can read about Part 1 Do and Don'ts here.

I purchased a set of Oil-Based Sharpies at Michaels. I found two darling light blue mugs. I had purchased myself the Silhouette Cameo cutting machine and put that to work for this project. These mugs were going to be a gift so for the design I did the ladies first initial of their first name. 


This is what I purchased for the Oil-Based Sharpie pens

Using my Silhouette Cameo machine I found a font I liked for this project, made it to size, had the machine cut it out, and taped the letter on the mug. 

I took the Oil-Based Sharpie pen (read directions on pen before using) and traced around the design. So easy! So simple! So cute!

I set the mugs aside to dry completely. I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. Once the oven was preheated, I put the mugs upside down on a baking sheet and let bake for 30 minutes. This allows the design to set into the mug.

Simple. 

No smears! 

I set aside the mugs to cool and I was done! I did a water washing test and it passed. 

I was done in just a short amount of time and had two personalized mugs.

Here is the first mug. I did the letter, colored it in with white and outlined in gold. I added a tea bag on the back.





Here is mug two. I liked the open outlined look in white and added gold dots around the letter.






Happy Crafting!


- Susan
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: